Andrea's Visit: Bangkok


Andrea arrived at the Bangkok airport at about 2am, where her first meal in Thailand was Subway - one of the only places open at the airport. We spent the rest of that day wandering around the Chatuchak weekend market before hopping on the train to return to my site for New Years.


I made sure to get Andrea some real Thai food for breakfast, the class Pad Thai. We also used several modes of public transportation to get around, including a tuk-tuk and a river taxi.

Andrea drinking a coconut on the back of a tuk-tuk, where the driver let us blast some tunes via blutooth.
Riding the river taxi
We met up with my friend Diana for dinner on a Bangkok rooftop. Diana is also a Peace Corps Volunteer and one of my closest friends here in Thailand. Andrea and I will hang out with her again in Phetchabun.


Later that night we hopped on an overnight train back to my site. I thought I was being smart by paying a little extra for air-conditioned, second-class, seats. We were freezing. freezing. the. whole. eight. hour. ride.

If you're going to take an extended overnight train ride in Thailand, don't pay extra for air conditioning. Stick with third class or spring for a sleeper car. This train pic was taken before we left the Bangkok station an turned into icicles.


Other Adventures

Check out all the other adventures Andrea and I went on during her visit!

Comments

  1. Hi there hey there:
    What have you been up to. You would think I was working because I am always busy. I painted a big shoe white and then planted it with beautiful flowers and then delivered it to a deck of a gal that wanted me to do something with it. She wasn't home when I went there so I left it outside of her door. I hope she will notice it tomorrow. It is just beautiful. The lady actually is from a foreign country but I don't remember which one. I just know she will like it. I took her for a long ride to many paces she did not know existed. Well its 12:05Am so I guess I better get to bed before I need to get up and at um. Let me know you get my mail OK?? Hey do you have the same boyfriend? Tell me more. You know gramma, I love to hear stories. I bet you are singing every day right?? Well the best to you so I will wait to hear from you OK?? Love ya Granny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment